One of the often discussed ‘mods’ on the build forums is the relocation of the battery.
By moving it to the front of the car, the car’s overall balance is improved as well as shortening the length of the power cables.
This installation shows a stainless steel battery box installed between the front x-member and the main cross member. I had to buy more tools for this – a tap and die set – as well as learn a new skill in using it. Came out well, but I did need to make two trips to Harbor Freight: the first for the tap and die set, the second for a new pneumatic rivet gun, since I discovered that stainless rivets kill hand riveters.